With the right training, your staff can do much more than just follow the new working guidelines: they can be your sustainability ambassadors.
Even the most comprehensive sustainability programme can lose momentum and grind to a halt if sufficient consideration has not been given to training your staff in the new sustainable procedures or to involving them so that they feel their input has been considered.
Changes in practices and procedures can be hard for staff to adapt to. When these changes are sent down from management without sufficient training or explanation of why these are necessary and what the benefits are, they can be seen as additional problems rather than being part of the solution.
For a sustainability project to succeed, staff throughout the business need to understand your objectives and the part they have to play in achieving them. To make change really stick, staff have to be involved in some of that change. They often have some of the best ideas!
How can we help
It doesn’t have to be so hard. Green Steps are specialised in delivering sustainability training and improving staff engagement. We can come into your business and deliver training seminars, shadow staff, create working groups and implement feedback measures to allow staff to have an input in the direction of the project.
Green Steps provide sustainability training and staff engagement that will:
- Ensure the success of your sustainability project and get staff feeling that they are part of the solution.
- Increase productivity and team spirit.
- Ensure compliance with written sustainability procedures.
- Improve profitability by reducing resource wastage.
- Reduce staff turnover by increasing loyalty, company pride and morale.
- Strengthen customer relations by having a knowledgeable team of employees.
Contact us today to find out how to turn your staff into sustainability ambassadors.